The objective of the challenge is to create an image similar to the one shown below:
How? Blue Lightning TV provides a number of video tutorials on creating images of outerspace. This is one of them. It’s easy to follow, starts with the creation of a new blank Photoshop document, and proceeds step-by-step. Here’s the link to the YouTube instruction video. Here’s the link to the Rock Texture file.
In this tutorial, you will learn a few Photoshop techniques, including how to:
- duplicate a layer with Cmd-J (mac)
- instantly fill a selection or layer with the foreground colour using Opt-delete (mac)
- instantly fill a selection or layer with the background colour using
- use a filter to add a gaussian blur or noise to a layer
- use a filter to render clouds or a lens flare
- change the black and grey-level input levels
- change the layer style to add inner and outer glow
- change blend modes for layers and layer styles
- apply a layer mask and unlock it from the layer in order to move them independently
- merge a copy of all visible layers into a new layer with Cmd+Shift+Alt+E
I have subscribed to Blue Lightning TV’s YouTube Channel because they have such intriguing video tutorials.